Dear Deidre
THE WORLD'S FAVOURITE AGONY AUNT
Have you got a problem?
I'm here to help. With the help of my team of counsellors and sex therapists I reply individually to around 1,000 Sun readers a week, answering sexual, relationship, emotional and family problems for all ages. You can read my full problem page in The Sun newspaper everyday. If you have a problem you can emailproblems@deardeidre.org. Everyone receives a personal reply free of charge
Taskforce ... Deidre Sanders
Taskforce ... Deidre Sanders

How to make social work work

MOST of us believe there is a lot wrong with the social care system in this country, even social workers - perhaps especially social workers.

It’s in all our interests to help this profession get back on its feet.
Social workers don’t only have the job of protecting vulnerable children, they help vulnerable adults too – those with special needs, older people and the frail. All of us may need their help one day.
I am a member of the Social Work Taskforce – a mix of experts facing the tough job of coming up with the recipe for Government to put all this right - and I am asking you, Sun readers, for your experiences and views.
Then I can feed in your ideas so they have a chance to be turned into reality.
The more of you answer our special questionnaire, the better chance your views will be taken into account – and of course, I will welcome hearing from Sun-reading social workers too!
Deidre Sanders
Back to top of page